INTERN IN AN ARTISTIC TOKYO NEIGHBORHOOD
Join us for an exciting and unique gospel ministry opportunity with hands-on training in key areas of life, leadership and ministry involvement. We’re not looking to raise up a generation of great coffee makers, but humble church planters to wear aprons when necessary.
As part of Gospel Formation training that focuses on a holistic gospel formation, our interns will practice ongoing gospel renewal in the heart, life, community and service, and will also have the joy of seeing the Kingdom of God advanced in the second largest unreached people group in the world.
EXPECTATIONS & SCHEDULE: The weekly routine will vary depending on the intern’s ministry position and needs. Interns will commit to a minimum of 28 – 30 hours per week, and also serve in our weekend Sunday gatherings. The development plan will include personal mentoring directly from the lead pastor, as well as leadership training, community outreach, participation in/and eventually leading a Gospel Formation Group and Regional Network trainings, gospel contextualization, and homework exercises.
- Disciple non-Christian Japanese in a community group, and train others to do the same.
- Loves (or is willing) to reach artists/musicians/young professionals who influence the culture during internship.
- Raises own support as missionary or is based in Tokyo serving part-time. Preferably sent by local church OR Missions Organization. We will give tools to help them raise support. See video showing the need for church plants in Tokyo here.
- Ability to adapt, learn Japanese language, and serve as support deacon/role to the lead pastor in areas of administration, teaching in small groups or lead worship, to foster healthy gospel-centered culture.
- Aspires to the biblical qualifications of a pastor/elder/church planter (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9). Must have humble attitude to learn the cultural context for gospel contextualization.
- Exhibits a growing understanding of the gospel and its implications for all of life during two years of church planting residency.
- Embraces and agrees with The Bridge Fellowship, Tokyo, Doctrinal Distinctives, Gospel DNA & Philosophy of Ministry.
- The intern will also preach and teach once a month after six months to 12 months of being carefully assessed in life, marriage (if married), counseling and contextualized gospel-centered doctrine and preaching.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete 3 Steps Process To Be Considered as a Church planting Intern.
b) Send us three references: One of each to be filled by a pastor, close friend, church elder/deacon etc. Google doc forms here.
c) Once we have received all three references, we’ll schedule a two-hour Skype interview (or if in Tokyo, a face-to-face interview). You will be interviewed by three church leaders at least twice, and may require you to visit for a week in some cases if applying from abroad. Other exceptional cases will be considered, based on strength of application, interviews, and after all things are prayerfully considered.
Thank you for humbly submitting to this process. We will respond to you in no later than 3 business days. We want to do our best in helping you discern and fulfill God’s call on your life.